Zucchini Fritters | Recipe

I have the perfect weekend lunch recipe for you today- Zucchini Fritters. This recipe is quick to prepare and packed full of flavour. I adapted a recipe I found on Pinterest (here) to reduce the salt and fat content and boost the flavour. 

Fritters are a great way of getting another serve of vegetables into your day. Zucchinis in particular are full of potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C all of which will keep your body running healthy and strong. They are also low in kilojoules (calories) like most other vegetables.

These fritters surprised me with how much flavour they have. I like to serve them with a little tatziki on top to add an extra tangy flavour, but I would quite happily eat them on their own.




I promise I didn't eat all 8 of them myself :) 

Zucchini Fritters 
Time: 25 minutes 
Makes: 8 Fritters 
Nutrition information (per fritter): Energy 181.6 kj | Protein 2.4 g | Fat 2.1 g | Sat fat 0.8 g | Carbs 3.6 g | Sugar 0.3 g | Sodium 333.4 mg 

Ingredients 
1 1/2 zucchini
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup grated reduced fat parmesan
2 cloves of garlic
1 egg
1 tsp sumac
olive oil spray
Tzatziki to serve

1. Grate zucchini and place in a colander over the sink. Sprinkle in the salt and mix around. Leave for 10 minutes so the excess water can drain.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, cheese, minced garlic, egg and sumac. 
3. Give the zucchini a good squeeze over the colander. Dry the zucchini further in a clean tea towel.
4. Add the zucchini to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
5. Lightly spray a frying pan with olive oil. When the pan has reached a medium to high temperature  form the fritters with one tablespoon of the zucchini mixture each and flatten into a circle with the back of the spoon. Leave the fritter to cook for about 2 minutes and turn. Cook for another minutes or until both sides are golden.
5. Serve your fritters as they are or add a little tzatziki.
6. Enjoy!

Tip: only cook 2 or 3 fritters at a time.

This is such an easy, fuss free, delicious recipe to make that there really isn't a reason not to make them. I can guarantee that these fritters will be a crowd pleaser.

If you do make this recipe I would love to hear what you think or see a picture. Make sure to tag Nutrition Insight so I can find them on social media (Nutrition Insight on Facebook, @Nutrition_Insight on Instagram and @Nut_Insight on twitter)

I hope you have a relaxing weekend,
Bridge  



Comments

  1. Love zucchini fritters, these look amazing. Enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie! I'm glad you're enjoying reading Nutrition Insight :) Let me know if you make them. I would love to see a picture.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts