Savoury Vegetable Muffins

It has been a few weeks since I last posted here, but I'm finally back from my USA trip filled with tons of food inspiration and ready to go! Here are a few snaps from my holiday.







A few weeks ago I had the urge to bake. I didn't want to make something unhealthy so I tried my hand at savoury muffins. After a few batches I feel like I have perfected the recipe and I want to share it with you.

My aim was to create something that felt like comfort food, that was tasty and still had some nutritional value. These little beauties will add to your serves of vegetables for the day and satisfy your taste buds at the same time. With 8.9g of protein each they are the perfect snack (especially if you are working on building muscles).

These muffins are great for a snack they would also be a perfect side to a soup or salad. I recommend them warmed up so that the cheese is extra gooey. To keep the muffins fresh I like to bake them, let them cool, then wrap them individually and pop them in the freezer.








Savoury Vegetable Muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes        Bake Time: 30 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition Information: Energy 652 kj (156 cal) | Protein 8.9g | Fat 6g | Sat fat 2g |
Carbs 15.1g | Sugars 1g | Sodium 513mg 

Ingredients

230g plain flour
140g reduced fat grated cheese
3tsp baking powder
1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1/2 capsicum, chopped into small pieces
hand full cherry tomatoes, quartered 
3/4 cup skim milk
3tbsp olive oil
2 eggs
1tsp garlic, minced
5g chives, chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2. Steam broccoli (I used the microwave) until soft and mash with the back of a fork.
3. Mix together flour, cheese, and baking powder.
4. Add in all other ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Spoon into a muffin tray (don't forget to either line or grease the tray) and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Enjoy!

These muffins are perfect for a cold winters day. They are sure to get you excited about your lunch or snack break. If you give these muffins a go I would love to know what you think of them.

Enjoy your week,
Bridge

Find Nutrition Insight on social media:

Share this with your friends using the buttons below!

Comments

Popular Posts